Built-in 1874 by renowned architects Peabody and Stearns, and lovingly maintained by the same family since 1944, this handsome five-story brick and brownstone building, located in the heart of the Back Bay, is close to Public Garden, Charles River Esplanade, Newbury St, restaurants and so much more. This American Academic style home with beautiful French-influenced interiors is presently configured as a five-unit owner-occupied building consisting of the three-bedroom owner’s duplex; a two-bedroom one-bath floor-through unit with large partially covered deck; a three bedroom one and a half bath floor through; a one-bedroom rear triplex; a front garden level studio; and a rear garden level office. The owner’s duplex features 12 foot ceilings, stately fireplaces and a grand living room with French Fêtes de Louis XIII wallpaper manufactured by Clerc & Margueridon in Paris. This 25-foot wide building has a total of 10 bedrooms, six full bathrooms, two half bathrooms, and nine fireplaces. A passenger elevator services all five floors. Future configuration options are many, including a single-family with multiple parking spaces and au-pair suite or rental apartment in the back.